петък, май 27, 2011

Let's get depressed ('The Hours')

Richard: I wanted to write about it all. Everything that happens in a moment! The way the flowers looked when you carried them in your arms; this towel, how it smells, how it feels, its thread; all our feelings, yours and mine; the history of it. Who we once were; everything in the world. Everything all mixed up. Like it's all mixed up now. And I failed. I failed. No matter where you start with it, it ends up being so much less. Sheer fucking pride. And stupidity. We want everything. Don't we?

Clarissa: I remember one morning getting up at dawn. There was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling. And I, I remember thinking to myself: So this is the beginning of happiness, this is where it starts. And of course there will always be more...never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment, right then.

Virginia Woolf: You cannot find peace by avoiding life, Leonard.

Richard Brown: Just wait till I die. Then you'll have to think of yourself. How are you going to like that?

Virginia Woolf: Dear Leonard. To look life in the face. Always to look life in the face. And to know it for what it is. At last to know it is. To love it for what it is. And then to put it away. Leonard always the years between us, always the years. Always the love. Always the hours.

3 коментара:

Анонимен каза...

Bernard: "Nevertheless, life is pleasant, life is tolerable. Tuesday follows Monday; then comes Wednesday. The mind grows rings; the identity becomes robust; pain is absorbed in growth. Opening and shutting, shutting and opening, with an increasing hum and sturdiness, the haste and fever of youth are drawn into service until the whole being seems to expand in and out like the mainspring of a clock. How fast the stream flows from January to December! We are swept on by the torrent of things grown so familiar that they cast no shadow. We float, we float. . . ."
"The Waves"

Greeny каза...

Bobby Morrow: I get up and walk around in the dark sometimes. Does that weird you out?
Jonathan Glover: No... I don't know.
Bobby Morrow: When the place is all dark, when you and Clare have gone to sleep, and I'm awake, it's like being alive and being dead at the same time, y'know? It's this sorta halfway thing, where people who are alive are dreaming and people who are dead are... where they are. And I'm here... in the dark and the quiet.
"A Home at the End of the World"

Анонимен каза...

ОК, I'll skip the quotes and just tell you that your place is not there :)